We are currently looking to hire an Applications Manager to support our customers throughout United States, Canada and Mexico.
Hermle Machine Company in Franklin, Wisconsin is the North American Headquarters of Berthold Hermle AG in Gosheim, a German high end machine tool manufacturer. We provide North America's leading manufacturers with the finest high precision machining centers.
We are searching for a candidate who will become responsible for all technical application aspects internally as well as customer interactions such as feasibility and time studies, process layouts, technology and test machining. The ideal candidate will manage the applications department.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· All application engineering staff will report to the applications manager.
· Training and performance appraisals of applications engineering staff.
· Frequent contact/exchange with our application department at Hermle Germany in order to stay updated on the latest and greatest technology.
· Responsible to make technical purchasing decisions.
· Planning and executing all technical aspects for trade shows.
· Assistance of our Hermle Dealer network at trade shows and possibly at their Open House events.
· Technical support to the sales department with machine demos.
· Scheduling of application engineers (customer training / support).
· Extensive travel throughout North America.
· Periodic overseas travel to Germany for learning the product line and maintaining the product knowledge is required.
· Overseas travel with customers to the Hermle AG facility to support a sales position may also be required.
· No less than 4 years of experience processing, programming, tooling and setting up complex machine tool packages.
· Strong CNC milling experience having worked on complex contours and difficult angles as well as 5 axis applications.
· Extensive experience in CAD/CAM programming.
· Experience with either Heidenhain or Siemens controls.
· Candidate must possess strong English communication and project management skills and must be able to meet tight deadlines· Microsoft Office knowledge is mandatory.
· We will consider both degreed candidates as well as experience.
We offer a fantastic state of the art facility, an excellent Benefits Program and career growth opportunities.
We are an EEO employer.