The new C 400 machining center 10.01.2013
Hermle has drawn upon its proven core competence in 5-axis technology to develop the C 400, which builds upon the tried-and-trusted modified gantry design using mineral casting and has 3 tool axes and 2 workpiece axes (NC swiveling rotary table).
Since an increasing number of manufacturers are taking up this axis concept and extolling its suitability for 5-axis machining, we can assume that the concept has now established itself in the world of 5-axis technology.
But the original's only available from Hermle!
Thanks to the strength and precision of the machining center, a high machining volume can be achieved while retaining top precision and optimum surface properties.
The mineral cast machine bed ensures the required static stability, this being reinforced by the center's four legs.
Hermle's structure with the X, Y, and Z axes in the tool and the A and C axes in the workpiece has been tried and tested thousandfold on the market, creating a perfect 5-axis machining center thanks to the perfect interaction of all 5 axes.
It allows workpieces with a length or diameter of up to 1000 mm to be machined. The working area is unsurpassed in relation to the size of the machine and supporting surface (see graphic 13006.jpg).
With regard to the control system, Hermle uses the tried-and-trusted iTNC 530 by Heidenhain for the C 400 basic. The operator can also use numerous Hermle user cycles that considerably improve or simplify machining processes.
A few more facts
- Working area completely clad in stainless steel
- Optimum swarf fall thanks to requirement-oriented working area design (for dry machining, too)
- Free accessibility of all auxiliary units on the rear of the machine
- All drive and guide elements outside the dirty zone
- Digital drives
- Low-maintenance, centralized grease lubrication
- Frequency-based recovery of braking energy
- Switch cabinet with air conditioning unit
- Swarf conveyor and/or internal coolant system
- Oil mist extraction
- Tool breakage monitoring/measuring
- Complete transport and foundation-free positioning
X-Y-Z traverse path 850-700-500 mm
X-Y-Z rapid linear traverse 35 m/min
X-Y-Z linear acceleration 6 m/s2
Speed 15000 or 18000 rpm
Torque To 180 Nm
Power To 20 kW
Magazine pockets 38 (standard) + 87 (optional)
Swarf-to-swarf time Approx. 6.0 s
Rigid clamping table 1070 x 700 mm to 2000 kg
NC swiveling rotary table Ø 650 x 540 mm
Swiveling range +91°/-139°
Speed of swiveling axis A 25 rpm
Speed of rotary axis C 35 m/min
Table load Max. 600 kg
Control Heidenhain iTNC 530